Skip to main content

What this blog is about

Dear readers,

I know that there are thousands of vegan blogs out there but I found that either the recipes were too complicated, had too many ingredients or were not particularly easy to find, and some of them were not even tasty. In this blog I hope to post tasty recipes and recommend restaurants that are vegan friendly.

I like cooking and I love good food. Yes, I am a vegan and I strongly believe that you can be vegan and love food, and specially good and tasty food. I also think that recipes do not need to be difficult, have expensive ingredients etc. Most of the recipes I hope to post here will be the ones I make on a day to day basis, with the busy schedule of a senior year university student, and with the budget that goes with it, although I do recognise that I'd rather spend my money on food rather than booze, so it might sound expensive to some.

I really like international food although I think i have a bias for Korean and Japanese food. Normally I cook all sorts of Asian influence dishes because it is more generally vegan or easier to make it vegan.

Hope you can find this blog useful,

Alba

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet quince!!

To be honest I never really liked quince. In Spain we have it as a kind of spread and I hated it. Looking through Skye Gyngell's A year in my kitchen I found a recipe for quince and since they are on season I said why not? It is really really good, I don't particularly have a sweet tooth but this has a great texture, it's not overly sweet and neither is it complicated. It honestly surprised me!! If you are having a dinner party, this is the dish to serve. It's sophisticated and very nice. Serves 4: Ingredients: -4 quinces -115ml of verjuice (about a half a cup), this was easy for me to find because it was Sturm season in Vienna but it can be substituted by apple juice and a bit of lemon juice. -4 tbsp of sugar syrup (half water, half sugar and bring to a boil), if you are not fussy about honey use honey. or agave syrup? -2 cinnamon sticks -1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthways -zest of one lemon -4 bay leaves -soya yoghurt, to serve Method: Prehea...

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful ... Mushroom and Pumpkin Pasta Bake!!

So... More pumpkin today! As it was a pretty horrible day today, autumnal I would say, I decided to mix my two favourite autumn ingredients: mushrooms and pumpkin. I had three kinds of mushrooms at home: chestnut, button and I'll upload a pic of the other one cause I don't know what it's called... I also had some left over Hokkaido squash. Ingredients: (4 people) -any kind of pasta that you like. -1 medium chopped onion -2-4 crushed cloves of garlic (for easy removal) -olive oil -around 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (any kind that you like, shitake would be nice too) -about a cup of bite size pumpkin -1 big spoon of vegan margarine (I have alpro soya at the moment) -2 tablespoons of flour -soya milk (or any other type that you like, maybe not rice milk as it might be too sweet) -salt and pepper -cayenne (optional) -spinach? Method: Boil the pasta following the instructions of the packet. If you have a steamer you can put it on top of the pasta and steam...

Black Bean Soup and Homemade Tortillas

Hello vegan lovers, Today I made Black Bean Soup and Homemade Flour Tortillas for my family. The tortillas are really different from the ones you get in the store, they are a little bit thicker and the have a lot more taste, they are soooo much nicer!  The recipes are really easy and really nice, I think the hardest ingredient to find is the black beans, but if you live in the UK Morrisons usually has them or try an Asian supermarket. Ingredients: (for 2-4 servings) two cans of black beans (400 gr), rinsed 1 chopped medium onion 4 chopped cloves of garlic 1 chopped pepper (I prefer green) 1 chopped chili (depending on how spicy you like it choose a different kind of chili) 1 cube of vegetable stock 1 can of chopped tomatoes 1 tsp of cumin some chili powder water salt fresh coriander (cilantro) For the flour tortillas: 2 cups of plain flour salt 1/4 cup of vegan spread (butter substitute, usually made of soya, for example "Alpro soya spread") a...